Last Modified: 22 February 2024
INFORMATION COLLECTION PRACTICES
Collection of Personal Information
Personal Information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person and refers to any information that you voluntarily submit to us, including contact information (email, telephone number, address), financial data (such as debit and credit card details) and other information about you and/or your business (“Personal Information”). In each case, you will be asked to provide such Personal Information – the Website will not gather it surreptitiously. We may supplement the Personal Information provided by you with additional Personal Information gathered from public sources or from third parties who may lawfully provide such information to us. You are under no obligation to provide Personal Information, with the caveat that if you chose not to do so, in many cases we will not be able to provide you with our products or services or respond to any queries you may have.
When you create an online account, or sign up to our e-Newsletter, purchase a product, contact us or participate in an online survey or competition, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences and credit card information.
We may hold information about you which includes sensitive personal information, such as health information. We will only hold this data when we need to for the purposes of the product or services we provide to you or where we have a legal obligation to do so.
The Website may contain features, including without limitation, public profiles, chat rooms, forums, message boards and news groups that permit the Website user to upload, post, transmit, display, perform or distribute content, information or other, including Personal Information. Any information that you choose to disclose by means of such features becomes public information over which we are unable to exercise control. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose Personal Information by means of such features and agree to assume all responsibility for doing so.
Use of Personal Information
We may also target our banners and ads to you when you are on other websites, apps and social media. We do this using a range of technologies such as ad tags, cookies, mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter (X) and Pinterest.
We collect and may display or use for the purposes of marketing and advertising the Website, our goods, our services or ourselves any testimonials or reviews you provide us with. We may append any testimonials or reviews you provide us with regarding our Website, our products or our services or ourselves on our Website or other publications. We may in such instances refer to your first name. You hereby consent to such use of any testimonial, review or feedback provided to us.
Sometimes, we may need to ask for your consent to use sensitive Personal Information about you, such as medical data. Before you are asked to give your consent, we will tell you what information we collect and what we use it for. You can remove your consent at any time by contacting us.
Other Disclosure. Except under the following circumstances, INNOVO will keep your Personal Information private and will not disclose it to third parties: (i) by operation of law, legal process, litigation and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence; (ii) if we determine that for the purposes of national security, law enforcement or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate; (iii) transfer to a successor organisation in the event of a merger, acquisition or bankruptcy or other sale of all or portion of INNOVO’s assets; and (iv) to strategic third party trusted partners that work with us to provide our products and services such as information processing, payment processing (please visit www.aibms.com/privacy to understand how your Personal Data is currently handled as part of the payment process) extending credit, providing customer service and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys; (v) if you fail to pay any balance owed in consideration of products and/or services provided to you by INNOVO, INNOVO may report your Personal Information, including without limitation, the unpaid balance and your personal contact details to consumer credit reporting services, collection agencies, legal advisers and others as may be necessary.
You agree that any data you provide to INNOVO will be true, complete and accurate in all respects and you agree to notify us immediately of any changes to it.
If you are aged 16 or under, you must get your parent or guardian's consent to provide your Personal Information to the Website, otherwise you are not allowed to provide any of your Personal Information to INNOVO.
Security of your Personal Information
INNOVO has implemented and maintains reasonable security procedures and practices to protect against unauthorised access, use, modification, destruction or disclosure of your Personal Information.
INNOVO uses a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect Personal Information from unauthorised access and use. As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. INNOVO cannot guarantee the complete security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. Any transmission of data, therefore is at the User’s own risk
Retention of Personal Information
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
Like most websites, our Website automatically gathers information of the sort that browsers automatically make available, including (i) IP addresses; (ii) domain servers; (iii) types of computers accessing the Website; and (iv) types of Web browsers accessing the Website (collecting “Traffic Data”). Traffic Data is anonymous information that does not on its own, personally identify the User or permit direct association with any specific individual. If we do combine Traffic Data with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated as Personal Information for so long as it remains combined. We may collect, use, transfer and disclose Traffic Data for any purpose. The following are some examples of Traffic Data that we may collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, area code, referrer URL, location and time zone so that we can better understand customer behaviours and improve our products, services and advertising.
- We may collect and store details of how you use our Website, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services.
Cookies and other Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, specifically:
- Details of your visits to our Website, such as traffic data, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Website, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and
- Information about your computer, mobile device, and Internet connection, specifically your IP address, operating system, browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Data or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) to collect certain information relating to your use of the Website. Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, and other tracking technologies, to help the Website analyze how users use the site. You can find out more about how Google uses data when you visit our Website by visiting “How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps”, (located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/). For more information regarding Google Analytics please visit Google's website and pages that describe Google Analytics, such as www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
To Unsubscribe from our Communications
Users may unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our emails.
Your Privacy Rights & Questions
You have several rights in relation to how INNOVO uses your Personal Information. You have the right to:
- find out if we use your Personal Information, access your Personal Information and receive copies of the information we retain about you;
- request that inaccurate information is corrected and incomplete information updated;
- object to particular uses of your Personal Information where the legal basis for our use of your data is our legitimate business interests or the performance of a task in the public interest. However, doing so may have an impact on the services and products we may be able to provide;
- object to use of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. If you object to this use, we will stop using your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes.
- have your Personal Information deleted or its use restricted – you have a right to this under certain circumstances.
- obtain a transferable copy of certain Personal Information to which can be transferred to another provider, known as “the right to data portability”, where technically feasible.
- withdraw consent at any time, where any processing is based on consent. If you withdraw your consent, it will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
We are obliged to respond without undue delay. In most instances, we will respond within one calendar month. If we are unable to deal with your request fully within a calendar month (due to the complexity or number of requests), we may extend this period by a further two calendar months. Should this be necessary, we will explain the reasons why.
You have the right to complain to the Data Protection Commission or another supervisory authority.
You can contact the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner at:
- Telephone: +353 (0)761 104 800 or Lo Call Number 1890 252 231
- Fax: +353 57 868 4757
- E-mail: email@example.com
Postal Address: Data Protection Commission, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, R32 AP23, Co. Laois.